Thursday 10 June 2010

Properties As My References.


I’m starting this post as series of short posts based on small notes I take while working with my crafts. So this post is to be continued.

4454379198_2cfd34919f When I'm making my crafts, I always have some references in mind that influence and give me ideas. These references are mostly objects I see. Also, when someone ask 'What inspires you?', has the preconception of that you are inspired by some kind of figurative thing, because if you are making something like a simple notebook, you may be inspired by some object or figurative image, and that is true many times, but not always. In my case, the objects or figurative images that inspire me are, for instance, aged books with broken covers and yellowish pages that I often find in antique stores. Then, when I think, for example, about these books at the moment of trying to get new ideas for making the next notebook, I'm remembering these books and the way I saw them. This means that I'm using my visual memory and that the inspiration for my work is quite based on my visual perception. I have a big inventory of images in my memory where I take new ideas from. Visually and figuratively.

But there is something else apart or together with the visual perception of the inspiring objects and their images in my memory. It is something inherent in the objects or more precisely, inherent in the material of the objects. It is the natural properties of the materials, their essential qualities, and that is where I find their beauty and inspiration.
I find these natural properties only in natural materials, of course, like the kind of papers I use for my notebooks, wood, leather, linen… It means that I'm not only inspired by old broken books.
 
There is a strong attraction I feel for these qualities, they inspire me and that is what gives me pleasure in working with crafts.
The pleasure or sensations of the properties is something that I'm always trying to analyze while working with some notebook or other crafts. More precisely, what I try to analyze is the relationship between my internal sensations with the perception of the natural properties of the materials that are external to me. It was because of that relationship that I started making notebooks. I wanted a notebook that was in complete relation between its properties and qualities and my mind.

2 comments:

Portable Concrete Batching Plant said...

Nice weblog right here! Also your site quite a bit up very fast!

- Vacuum De-Watering System | Vacuum De Watering System | Tar Sprayers

Anonymous said...

The top portion of acquiring necklaces goods on-line is more preferable number of goods. You'll be able to surf good price tag along with aspects included. cartier replica This will likely surely assist you to find the ideal one particular underneath more affordable charge. On the other hand, the idea ersus imperative that you discover look into the testimonials provided by consumers. replica watches uk Stay away from searching in internet sites that will usually are not comfortable as well as have zero on-line reading user reviews. chanel replica It doesn't matter precisely how minimal the retail price can be along with precisely how prime your company can be, you need to understand your expertise in the internet site. When you find yourself searching on-line, look through the respected keep that may be collateralized and possesses a number of discounts which could create your current searching expertise effectively. replica watches Always be shielding even though expressing your data on the spot. Furthermore your settlement process is vital to be collateralized. Developing a risk-free on-line searching involving brand name necklaces will unquestionably assistance in getting the top one particular. rolex replica Next appropriate guidelines and purchasing affordable scored necklaces via well-known site will certainly let you find the ideal object by yourself plus might be accomplished for you to a person.

Related Posts with Thumbnails